the folder locked by workspace git-tf-<id>

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Unfortunately when I check in my code I ctrl-c `git tf checkin`, after that this folder had been locked by my last git command. And how can I unlock it?  

I tried to use `git tf --no-lock checkin`, but it says 'The item <filename> is locked for check-out by <me> in workspace git-tf-<id>.

Developer
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Hello, 

git tf will create a temp workspace to checkin the changes, when cyou typed ctrl + c the workspace clean code did not run. To fix this, open the workspace dialog and delete the workspace with the name git-tf-[Some Guid]. There is no side effects on your repository what so ever from doing so.

git tf --no-lock checkin will not checkin with out trying to lock the mapped folder in the workspace.

For more information on why we perform the lock please see this thread :http://gittf.codeplex.com/discussions/393372

Please let us know if you hit any further issues.

Thanks, 

Youhana

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Thanks for advice.

I want to know how can I open the workspace dialog? There seems to be no information about workspace dialog in `git tf help` for this..

Thanks

Developer
Oct 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM

You can open the workspace dialog from visual studio , go to view, team explorer. Click on Pending Changes. From there, you should find a link for other options, one of the options should be manage workspaces. That will bring up the workspace dialog. Select the workspace called "git-tf-[some guid]" and delete it.

Thanks, 

Youhana

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:02 AM

It works!

Thanks a lot!