Use git-tf concurrently with visual studio tfs integration

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM

We internally use TFS for branches and also for the convenience of the integrated support for build machine.

What I want to accomplish is to be able to get latest changes form git using git-tf pull (along with history by using --deep option) do branches locally mostly what is already documented in "Individual developer with a New Repo" *only* that I want to be able to do the actual commits in TFS using VS tools (after I merge a local branch to master I will probably commit at some point in TFS central repo - one reason not to use at this point git tf checkin woul be we have to have a reviewer that has to appear to the commit, also it's possible to show a developer the changes in VS before I commit)

The problem I have is that after I clone repo using git-tf clone I cannot see the project as being part of a TFS source control system in Visual Studio.

Developer
Nov 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Hello Ghita,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Git-tf integration in visual studio is not yet implemented. It is on our backlog and we should be addressing it in upcoming releases. As for now, unfortunately, this scenario is not yet supported.

Thanks,

Youhana

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Nice to know that this is underway :-)