git-tf: The specified path, file name, or both are too long.... I've got no file or directory with length >=248

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Hi,
I've installed git-rf in osx, I'm trying to use this but when I try to checkin I get the following error:

git-tf: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

But I've listed all the files that exist in the git repository and I cannot find any file or directory that have the problem described.

File list:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/CCIpzmRHeU/

Could you please help me out? Am I analyzing this error in a wrong way?

Thanks,

Luis Pinho
Developer
Sep 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hi Luis,

As I can see the longest path is 244 characters long.

When checking files in, Git-TF copies them to a local workspace created for this operation. This workspace is created inside your /Users/lmpinho/Work/cmNbvigoMobile/.git/tf/tmpname folder. So, you should add 50 to 244.

Alex
Sep 13, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Ok,

so, for me, the best solution will be to get the base work space :(

Thanks for the explanation,

Luís Miguel Pinho
Oct 24, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue, but in Windows. I'm hoping there is a way to properly avoid this issue by specifying a working folder in the .config files someplace... or is that wishful thinking?

EDIT: Found. You can change the working folder for git-tf. Issue the following command:
git config --local --add git-tf.tempdir D:\.git