Scripting of git-tf - how to avoid username / password prompts

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I'd like to run a number of git-tf pull's from within unattented bash command scripts executed across a ssh link.

As such I need to come up with a solution to work around git-tf's asking me for a username and password on the git-tf pull command invocation.

Has anyone done this successfully?
Developer
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM
You can set configuration parameters to avoid prompts:
git config git-tf.server.username [USERNAME]
git config git-tf.server.password [PASSWORD]
Developer
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Removing my reply as Ed's reply is simpler :)
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
It seems that it works for git-tf pull, but not for git-tf clone. The git-tf clone still asks me for credentials if I add the suggested lines to the global config file.

I'm trying to implement a Linux build server, so I'd like to be able to clone out a specified version from TFS and run a build against it unattended (thusly re-generating the local config file each time I run the script).
Mar 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Hi,
I had the sample problem and I changed the code to accept the username and password as parameters in clone/pull/fetch -
github.com/yosy/gittf
Developer
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Hello yosy,

This is great ! Thank you so much for your contribution, can you please submit a pull request for your changes and send us the contribution agreement that can be found here : http://gittf.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Contributing

Thanks,
Youhana
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Hi Youhana,
I will send a pull request, I will just add tests before.

EDIT: As I saw there are no test for the base Command class.. am I right?
Mar 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Hi Youhana,
I can't sign the contribution agreement, If you want you can take my code from github and add to gittf (I am ok with that).
Even though I can push to my fork, I keep getting an error -
fatal: recursion detected in die handler