This project is read-only.

Cannot pull after using git-tf configure.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I'm trying to start the process of converting my projects from TFS to Git after switching over to TFS 2013. After creating the new TFS project with the bare git repository and cloning it locally, I used the git-tf configure command to connect to the existing TFS source. However when I run the pull command in the command line I get the message "git-tf: null". Looking at the log file I see the following exception:
2013-10-28 14:45:32,315 WARN [main] (git-tf) Error executing command: pull
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.microsoft.gittf.client.clc.commands.framework.Command.verifyMasterBranch(Command.java:534)
at com.microsoft.gittf.client.clc.commands.PullCommand.run(PullCommand.java:128)
at com.microsoft.gittf.client.clc.Main.main(Main.java:328)
When I run git-tf clone on the repository I get no errors. Any help on this?
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Hi,

I believe, after you've cloned an empty repository from the TFS project, it does not have any branches.

What if you try a slightly different approach? I.e.
  1. Use the git tf clone ... command to download the existing repository from the old TFS project.
  2. Configure a new remote in it to point to the Git repository in the new TFS project git remote add new-remote-name new-repository-url
  3. Push the local repository to your new TFS project git push -u new-remote-name --all
Thanks,
Alex
Nov 25, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hi,

I believe that the git tf pull issue mentioned above has been resolved with the latest commit 30fe6aaf4898.

Alex