This project is read-only.

Error while trying to checkin

May 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM
I'm trying to check in to TFS using "git tf checkin --deep". It reaches 11%, then stops with this error:

"git-tf: failed to pend changes to TFS due to the following errors. Please fix the errors and retry check in. The item [$/[TFSPath]/filename] already has pending changes.".

I've tried to add "--renamemode=none" to this, and it still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
May 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Hi,

Which version of Git-TF and TFS do you use? Do you know which type of changes have been done to [$/[TFSPath]/filename] (edit, rename, move, delete...)?

Alex
May 7, 2015 at 6:39 PM
For Git-TF I am using version 2.0.3.20131219

For TFS I am using TFS2013, so I believe that is version 12.0?

The changes look to be [rename, edit, source rename] for the file in question. (There are a few files like this in the changeset).

Thanks.
May 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Hi,

It looks like in that commit you have both file edit and its parent folder rename. Unfortunately, TFS does not allow these two changes to be checked in as a single change. This is a TFS limitation that exists in all versions.

The only thing that I can imagine is to work with pure Git and re-write the history so that these two changes are split into different commits. Not always, but sometimes it's possible if you have a linear history in the Git repository (as it's recommended for Git-TF users).

Alex